Zoomsters & Rucksters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoomsters & Rucksters

Un forum pour les passionnés et possesseurs du zoomer honda

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadoq el beatsmith
Despotic asshole
Hadoq el beatsmith

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2005-09-30

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ Empty
PostSubject: [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^   [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ EmptyTue 1 Nov à 12:54

We did the mod this week end, took the old cheezy shock apart and mounted a zuma shock with no problem.

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ Shockscompare

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ Backviewbynite5

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ Profile1

AND it lowers the ride as it's shorter nx

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ Lowered1
Back to top Go down
https://zoomer-attitude.forumotion.com
Onkel Phil
zizi rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2005-11-07

PostSubject: Re: [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^   [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ EmptyMon 7 Nov à 11:17

I was using an RMS Shock for Aprilia SR50 modell 1993.. This is 285mm in length, thus going to the limit in height, but still usable without further modification. Fits the Zoomer shock mounting perfectly. Unfortunately, with 52mm spring diameter, it went into contact with rear wheel, which is inacceptible. I worked on the spring right now. See here. I reduced diameter by 2mm approximately. Will have it painted in black these days and will give it a second try.
Fork travel was increased by 1cm, I had put in a stronger spring in one of the fork tubes.
klick hier for a view and
klick here for a view of the new spring, that had been cut out of a BMW F650 fork spring.

In general, I am trying to keep most of stock details. Did some minor plastic cutting in the meantime, but will not apply major modifications. Also, will keep engine settings as standard, since for me it makes sense to keep it clean and silent when riding cross country in our area.
Back to top Go down
Hadoq el beatsmith
Despotic asshole
Hadoq el beatsmith

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2005-09-30

PostSubject: Re: [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^   [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ EmptyMon 7 Nov à 12:39

it's good to see others are doing researches as well, we have pleinty of parts here in europe, and it'd be cool if we can find some good things to adapt from other scooters ^^

gonna check out that forks spring thing if I can't get the BW forks in seems to be a cool mod scoot1
Back to top Go down
https://zoomer-attitude.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^   [Zuma shocks] they fit ^^ Empty

Back to top Go down

[Zuma shocks] they fit ^^
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zoomsters & Rucksters :: Ruckus / Zoomer discussions - English :: Customisation-
Jump to: